Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker are hosting a Social Summit for Fair Jobs and Growth in Gothenburg in November. The Commission has also published a reflection paper on the social dimension of Europe.
But what exactly is the social dimension of Europe? This seminar aims to explain the EU legal framework in the area, and to discuss what the EU can do and what the EU should do.
- The Social Acquis
- Free movement of people in the EU and the welfare state
- The Swedish labour market model and the EU
Datum 22 September 2017
Plats SIEPS, Torsgatan 11, Stockholm (4th floor, Riksmötet)
- 22 September 2017 kl 08:30 - 11:00
- SIEPS, Torsgatan 11, Stockholm (4th floor, Riksmötet)
- Caroline de la Porte, Professor, Head of Department of Business and Politics, Copenhagen Business School
- Dorte Sindbjerg Martinsen, Professor, Department of Political Science, Copenhagen University
- Birgitta Nyström, Professor, The faculty of Law, Lund University
- Göran von Sydow, Senior Researcher, SIEPS
- Daniel Tarschys, Professor, Stockholm University and Senior Researcher, SIEPS
- Pernilla Wredenfors, Researcher, SIEPS
- Time: Friday 22 September, 8.30–11.00, (including coffee break). Registration from 8.00
- Venue: SIEPS, Torsgatan 11, Stockholm (4th floor, Riksmötet)
- Language: English
- The seminar is free of charge and open to the public.
- Please note that the seminar will be recorded.