The seminar was held on 7 March 2018.
An important part of the political attraction of the EU is based on good governance, a solid rule of law and reliable public administrations. These values are also central to EU's external relations and neighbourhood policy in the support of strong societies and stable states.
During this seminar political scientists Victor Lapuente and Bo Rothstein will present a new SIEPS report on Corruption at the regional level in the EU and a Quality of government index for the regions of the EU. The report also discusses ways of counteracting corruptive practices and how to best promote good institutions.
The report is written by political scientists Nicholas Charron, Victor Lapuente and Bo Rothstein of the Quality of Government Institute (QoG) at the University of Gothenburg.
- Ann-Kerstin Myleus: Deputy Head of Unit, Directorate-General for Regional Policy, European Commission
- Enkeleida Tahiraj: Visiting Senior Fellow, European Institute, London School of Economics
- Clara Volintiru: Assistant Professor, International Business and Economics Department, Bucharest University of Economic Studies
- 7 March 2018 13:00 - 14:30
- SIEPS, Torsgatan 11, 4th floor, Riksmötet.
- Victor Lapuente: University Lecturer, QoG Institute, University of Gothenburg
- Bo Rothstein: Professor and Senior Advisor, QoG Institute, University of Gothenburg
- Daniel Tarschys, Sieps
- Registration from 12.40. Coffee will be served after the seminar.
- The seminar is free of charge and open to the public.
- Please note that the seminar will be recorded.
- Language: English