The seminar was held on 30 November 2018.
Christopher J. Bickerton is University Lecturer in politics at Cambridge University. He has published numerous books and articles that span a number of different fields within social and political science. He is well known for his work on New intergovernmentalism and frequently contributes to public debates on EU and democracy.
Ulrike Guérot is Professor for European Policy and the Study of Democracy, Danube University Krems. She is the founder and Director of the European Democracy Lab (EDL), a think tank dedicated to the future of European democracy. In a number of recent books she has advocated the formation of a European Republic.
This seminar was part of a series co-organized by SIEPS and the Swedish Institute of International Affairs (UI). It gathered key perspectives on the future of the European Union, and result in an anthology to be published in the spring.
- 30 november 2018 09:00 - 11:00
- SIEPS, Torsgatan 11, 4th floor, Riksmötet.
- Christopher J. Bickerton, University Lecturer in politics at Cambridge University.
- Ulrike Guérot, Professor for European Policy and the Study of Democracy, Danube University Krems.
- Göran von Sydow, Acting Director, SIEPS
- Registration and coffee from 8:30.
- The seminar is free of charge and open to the public.
- Language: English
- Please note that the seminar will be filmed.